EP 102 - The Enemy Within
|The Enemy Within|
Season 1 Episode 2
|Original Air Date:||August 1, 1997|
|Written By||Brad Wright|
|Directed By:||Dennis Berry|
|Preceded by:||Children of the Gods|
The Jaffa soldiers are splattering against the protective titanium iris that SGC (Stargate Command) have installed on the Stargate to prevent unauthorised entry. However, as Jack is trying to get Teal'c (the Jaffa who helped them escape of Chulak) added as a member of his team it gradually becomes clear that the enemy they have to guard against is already in SGC, in Kawalsky. The only way to take it out is to perform an operation. At first the suspicions on how the Goa'uld got into Kawalsky go towards Teal'c and his premature symbiote, however, they realise that he is not the thread and the longer the Goa'uld stays in Kawalsky the more control it will get over him.
To rid Kawalsky of the symbiote, Dr Janet Fraiser performs a surgery and removes the symbiote, however all is not well as the symbiote had already taken over his body, and what was removed was nothing but a mere shell. However, no one realises this until he attacks Teal'c at which point they have very little choice in what to do.
 General Blooper
- After the first attack you hear the wormhole shutting down and Sgt. Walter Davis looks at the computer screen it display's the wormhole as idle but when General Hammond calls for the radiation teams to move in you can still see the symbol lights lit and when the camera pan's back the shimmering white light from behind the stargate is still there, then when Kawalsky leaves you can see all the computer screens flashing Destruct sequence activated even though the destruct sequence had been shutdown by Hammond and Davis. Then when the stargate starts to move again the lights are still on around the stargate.
 Dialing Sequence Blooper
- When Kawalsky (Goa'uld) was dialing out, they said he was going to Chulak but he dailed the gate address to Abydos as the last glyph was that of Abydos, probably because they used the dialing sequence from the Stargate Movie
- When Kawalsky is dialing out, we hear the sound of the wormhole opening, but a moment later, the camera perspective shifts to a view out the control room window and the Stargate is still dialing, the wormhole not yet active as the blast shield comes down
 Mistakes During Filiming
- When Teal'c is in his quarters, the symbol on his head is upside down.
 Mistake in Script
- Kawalsky goes from barely able to speak at all when he is speaking to Jack in pre-op to being able to speak clearly and ask General Hammond to make sure that he wakes up as "me or not at all" without any croak in his voice or any other apparent strain.
- It takes 2 officers to start & abort the auto-destruct sequence so how did he start it by himself?
|O'Neill: Listen, I gotta ask you something. It's not easy for me|
Kawalsky: We're friends
O'Neill: If you don't make it.... can I have your stereo?