EP 207 - Message In a Bottle
|Message In a Bottle|
Season 2 Episode 7
|Original Air Date:||August 7, 1998|
|Story By:|| Michael Greenburg|
|Teleplay By:||Brad Wright|
|Directed By:||David Warry-Smith|
|Preceded by:||Thor's Chariot|
Exploring a now-dead planet SG-1 find an orb which they think is a time capsule. However when they return to Earth they realise that they are wrong and decide to return the device back to the planet, however when they try to take it through the stargate, the device extends and halts movement by hooking itself to the floor and onto Jack through the shoulder. After a while it appears to infect the whole of SGC. SGC gets quarantined to protect the rest of Earth.
 General Blooper
- Sam uses the elevators when she knows that the organism was infiltrating the computer system which controls the elevators. The elevators should have been shut down in the emergency, and she should have used the stairs.
- You could clearly see that the rod holding Jack in place was made of rubber
 Dialling Sequence Blooper
- When dialling to P5C-353, the computer once again displayed the coordinates to Abydos
- When dialling to P4G-881, the computer displayed the coordinates to Abydos, and later displays the coordinates to Chulak.
 Mistakes During Filming
- When Sam is trapped on the elevators, the panel inside the elevator reads "22" However, the number on the outside of the door reads "28"
- UV light is extremely harmful to the eyes. All the personnel should have had eye protection to see or they would have been blinded
 Mistakes in the Script
- If the organism is radioactive, it would not make it glow under UV light, for that it would need to be fluorescent to make it glow under UV light
|Teal'C: The symbiote I carry appears to protect me.|
O'Neill: Way to go, junior!
|O'Neill: Good morning, campers! Sleep well? I did|
|O'Neill: Teal'c, you don't have to stick around|
Teal'C: Undomesticated equines could not remove me
O'Neill: Wild horses, Teal'c, it's.... hey, that's a joke! You told a joke!