EP 101A - Rising (Part 1)
|Rising (Part 1)|
Season 1 Episode 1
|Original Air Date:||July 16, 2004|
|Written By|| Robert C. Cooper|
|Directed By:||Martin Wood|
|Followed by:||Rising (Part 2)|
Daniel Jackson has at last, found the address to Atlantis, but it can only be a one way trip. Using the ZPM from Proclarush Taonas, they dial Atlantis, and the Atlantis expedition step through. Once in Atlantis they discover that power is failing, and if they don't evacuate, the shields will fail, and the shields are the only thing keeping the water out. They dial a gate address, in hopes of finding a place to go, and discover they are on Athos, a peaceful planet. However, they soon discover an enemy far worse than the Goa'uld, and they take Colonel Sumner prisoner. They call themselves the Wraith. They escape the planet and go back to Atlantis along with the survivors of the Wraith attack. However, it seems they have little time before the shields fail, and before they can dial another planet, the shields fail, and Atlantis rises.
 General Blooper
- They braught Earth weapons to Atlantis, however they didn't bring any Goa'uld weapons (i.e. Staff weapons and Zats)
 Dialling Sequence Blooper
- When the Wraith dial Athos, the order in which the symbols light up, is the same as when someone is dialing out. In all later episodes, they light up in the correct order.
- The DHD on Athos, is in two different positions during the episode. At the start its near the gate, and later on, its further away.
 Mistakes During Filming
- When the drone (controlled by Dr Beckett) leaves the outpost, it blasts a hole in the dome, however, a few minutes later into the episode, you see the dome and it the dome is complete.
 General Notes
- There SHOULD be some device which should create ZPM's in Atlanti
 Episode Trivia
- The women at the start of the Episode is Ayiana. We can see from the beginning, that she was left on Earth, whilst the others of her race left on the Great city of Atlantis.
- Paul McGillion previously played the role of the Young Ernest Littlefeld, in the episode entitled "The Torment of Tantalus"
- The first two parts of the episode, where released as a movie, named Stargate Atlantis: Rising
|O'Neill: (To Daniel) Let's say we cut to the part where you start talking, real fast|
|Sheppard: That was different|
O'Neill: For me, not so much
|Sheppard: Well, I like college football and ferris wheels, anything that goes more than 200 miles per hour|
|McKay: This thing is obviously their equivalent of a DHD.|
|After setting off a drone missile|
Carson: I told you I was the wrong person!
McKay: It doesn't matter now! Just do something!
Carson: Like what?
|Sheppard: Come on, what are the odds of me having the same gene?|
Sits down, and the chair activates
Carson: Quite slim actually
|McKay: We need the Zed-P-M to power the gate|
O'Neill: The What?
Jackson: ZPM. He's Canadian
O'Neill: I'm Sorry